American Society of Naval Engineers Scholarships
Scholarship Sponsored by American Society of Naval Engineers
The American Society of Naval Engineers began its scholarship program in 1979 in order to promote the profession of naval engineering and to encourage college students to enter the field. Since the inception of the Scholarship Program, ASNE has since awarded hundreds of scholarships to undergraduate and graduate students interested in pursuing an education and career in naval engineering.
Though rooted in tradition, a constant push for more power and efficiency, the application and development of cutting-edge technology, modern warfare and issues related to national security have aided the evolution of naval engineering. Today, naval engineering includes most engineering disciplines as they are applied to a naval specialty and has become a challenging and rewarding career field in high demand. Each year, rising Junior and Senior undergraduate and graduate students
nationwide can receive up to $4,000 based on merit (academic record, work history, and professional interest in naval engineering).
All sections of the online application must be completed for consideration. Use additional pages if your response does not fit in the comment box.
The following criteria also apply:
- Applicant must be a U.S. citizen.
- Scholarships are limited to support during the junior and/or senior academic year of undergraduate education or during one year of graduate education leading to an advanced degree in an accredited college or university.
- Undergraduate candidates must be full-time students enrolled in a minimum of 12 credit hours. Graduate students must be full-time students enrolled in a minimum of 9 credit hours.
- Applications, transcripts, and letters of reference must be received no later than 12 February 2024.
- Only the completed application, transcripts, and three (3) letters of reference will be evaluated. No other information is required or desired. All materials should be emailed to email@example.com.
- Frequently asked questions containing important information about the scholarship program and application are available at www.navalengineers.org/scholarships.