AGCVA Valley District Zachary Fletchall Memorial Construction Scholarships
Scholarship Sponsored by Associated General Contractors of Virginia
These scholarships are provided by the AGCVA Valley District in memory of Zachary Fletchall (Harman Construction), the president of the Valley District at the time of his death.
Students and/or others working towards a career change, who reside in a county within the Valley District (Augusta, Clarke, Frederick, Highland, Page, Rockingham, Shenandoah, and Warren counties) are encouraged to apply. The application provides the full qualifications for the ideal candidate(s).
The AGCVA Valley District Zachary Fletchall Memorial Construction Scholarships are funded by the AGCVA Valley District. Each scholarship will be $1,000.
- Applicant must be a citizen of the United States.
- Applicant must be a full-time high school student or full- or part-time student if enrolled in a post-high school institution.
- It is preferred that applicants live within the counties of the AGCVA Valley District which includes; Augusta, Clarke, Frederick, Highland, Page, Rockingham, Shenandoah, and Warren counties.
- Applicant must be applying to or currently enrolled in an accredited institution including technical/training centers, community colleges, or colleges/universities.
- Applicant must have a minimum grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Previous applicants, including previous scholarship recipients, may apply each year.
Applicant must submit the following documentation, postmarked by February 29, 2024.
- The application form.
- Official high school transcript (appropriately sealed with signature of counselor)
- Post-high school transcripts
- Reference letter completed by a member of the applicant's academic community and given to the applicant in a sealed envelope.
Applications will be reviewed by members of the AGCVA Valley District Executive Committee. Recipients will be determined based on academic performance, extracurricular and leadership activities, community involvement, and future plans in the construction industry. If there are no eligible, qualified applicants, the Valley District Executive Committee has the discretion to withhold any award.Go to Scholarship Application