AAUW-Lew Williams & Joan Odud Scholarship
Scholarship Sponsored by AAUW Freehold (NJ) Branch
One or more Scholarships of $2000 are awarded for an academic year for women in undergraduate or graduate degree programs.
Application period for 2023-2024 School Year has begun!
Each year, Applications are accepted from January – July for the following academic school year. The deadline for applying for scholarships is July 31, each year. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive an application!
Please read the following instructions carefully. Applications that do not meet the eligibility criteria below will not be reviewed by the AAUW Freehold Branch Scholarship Committee.
Scholarship Applicant Qualifications
- Women 25 years of age or older
- Residents of Colts Neck, Englishtown, Farmingdale, Freehold Borough, Freehold Township, Howell, Manalapan, Marlboro, Monroe Township or Morganville
- Enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program having completed a minimum of 60 credits OR enrolled in a graduate degree program having completed a minimum of 6 credits. The school AND program MUST be accredited by a regional accrediting association.
- Must have maintained a minimum GPA of “B”
- Will be enrolled in the school year for which the application is being made
Previous Lew Williams and Joan Odud Scholarship (formerly known as Lew Williams and Leila Sulkes Scholarship) winners are not eligible to apply.
A completed application, official transcript(s), and two letters of recommendation must be mailed in and postmarked by July 31 of the year for which applying. Send your completed application and transcript(s) to email@example.com as attachments.Go to Scholarship Application